If you are someone who is concerned about your health and looking to take better care of your body then you are probably looking for ways to add more exercise into your day. If you are willing to be creative you will find that exercise can be done anywhere.
If you are creative you will find that you don’t have to have a lot of extra time in order to exercise in but that you can get little bursts of exercise in throughout the day. There are ways for you to incorporate exercise into your day, you just need to be creative to get the most out of the time that you have.
Five Ways to Incorporate More Exercise into Your Day
1. Play with your kids in an active way. While it might be tempting to sit down with your children and play with blocks or put a puzzle together you will get more exercise in if you head outside. Run around with your children and chase them in the yard. Start up a game of Tag or compete with your children in a race. Choose to get moving with your children as you spend time with them.
2. Take a quick walk as soon as you get home from work. You might feel that you don’t have enough time in your day to get any exercise in, but how many times have you stayed five minutes late at work and found that you still have enough time to get everything else done. As soon as you arrive home from work get walking and take a quick, five minute hike around the neighborhood. You won’t notice the five extra minutes that you spend away from home.
3. Walk your baby around the house. If you are simply looking for a way to spend less time sitting and more time walking one option that you have when you have a baby in the house is to walk instead of rocking. Your baby will be just as content – if not more – in your arms while you walk around as he or she would be in your arms while you rock in the nursery.
4. Give yourself a break at work and use that break to complete a few jumping jacks. If your work situation allows it take a two minute break just to get your heart beating fast. Spend that time jumping around or running in place. Just two minutes of movement can be beneficial to your health, and it will make you feel better about yourself, too.
5. Exercise during your date night. If you and your spouse are looking to spend some time away from the kids that time does not have to be spent watching a movie. A long walk with someone you care about is a great way to get exercise in and to relax.
When you choose to spend more time concentrating on health & fitness you will find that you feel better and that you start to reap the benefits of what you are doing.